FIFA 23 leaks: closed beta and chemistry update
Just over two months from the final FIFA’s release, we’re taking a look at all of the newest FIFA 23 leaks.
There’s a wide consensus on Twitter that FIFA 23 is going to be the best ever FIFA released – ahead of the franchise’s transition to EA Sports FC. For that to happen though, there are going to need to be a heap of improvements to the game. We’ve rounded up all of the latest leaks from Twitter, including the closed beta news, and put them in one place, let’s get into it!
Updates to chemistry
Last week, we found out that the 10 point chemistry system was being scrapped and replaced by a ‘star system’. Now, we’ve been given even more info by leakers who have access to insiders at EA Sports!
- Players don’t have to be next to each other in the lineup to receive chemistry stars. Hybrid teams will be unbelievably easy to create!
- Unlike in FIFA 22, players will not be penalised for having low chemistry. Instead, they will just play with their base stats, rather than receiving a boost for chemistry stars.
- Regardless of links to other players in the team, Icons and Heroes will receive full chemistry if they’re played in their correct position.
The FIFA 23 Closed Beta is now also available on Xbox, and it’s dropped a massive hint for the upcoming game’s cover art. Mbappe appears front and centre, this could mean that he will be our cover star for the third year in a row!
EA ensures that everyone with a beta code keeps tight-lipped and doesn’t share any gameplay. But, if you want to get your hands on the Beta, you should first be a verified FUT Champs player and sign up for EA emails.
To enable EA emails, go to your EA account and head to email preferences. Then, opt in to emails about EA services and news. After that, it’s luck of the draw whether you receive a beta access code – if you’re successful, the code will unlock one of the FIFA title’s game modes (Ultimate Team, Career Mode, Pro Clubs or Volta).
REMEMBER: a Beta access code links to one EA Account only. So, don’t listen to scammers who tell you they can sell you a code!
Ultimate Edition pre-order bonus
The leakers’ information isn’t just confined to the digital game either; they also have the inside scoop on what the pre-order bonuses are too! If you want to ball out and buy the Ultimate Edition (before August 21st), you’ll receive the following perks:
- One untradeable FUT World Cup player
- Three days early access, ahead of the FIFA 23 release (September 27th onwards)
- One untradeable Ones to Watch player
- One TOTW1 player
- 4600 FIFA Points
- FUT Ambassador loan pick (Son, Vinicius Jr. or Davies)
- Mbappe five game loan
- Career Mode Homegrown Talent (youth player with world class potential)
Check out Tuesday Night FIFA for something a little different before the next FIFA game’s release date!
Follow us on Twitter for all of the latest FIFA 23 news!
This is what
we play for.
Play your favourite video games
for real money and prizes.