Just trying to bring some joy amidst these uncertain times…
There’s no denying it, things are a little sh*tty right now, with the sense of uncertainty in the atmosphere being hard to ignore.
But, through all the bad, there has been one pretty obvious silver lining, and that’s the community coming together, both on and offline. From everyone hanging out their windows cheering on our amazing NHS, to Club Penguin making a grand return and gaining over six million users since its launch last month – the community vibes are real.
There’s no doubt some of you are probably losing your mind either being on your lonesome or living with your family in close quarters again - but you know what can help with both of those? Whipping out the games console!
Nothing helps pass the time quite like diving balls-deep into your favourite game, especially knowing you don’t have to get up early for work (sorry to those who still have to). Or if you’re with the fam, why not all play together and take the sibling rivalry to a whole new level? Trust us on this one, during this bloody frustrating time, games are our best mates!
We know gaming expos have been cancelled and releases have been postponed, but it hasn’t all been doom and gloom. So, to help bring a little brightness to your day, we’ve rounded up some brilliant positives happening in the gaming world right now…
- Whether it be large donations, harnessing GPU computing power or video games being used as research tools, the gaming industry is helping to fight COVID-19 in a BIG way!
- Niantic, the developers of Pokémon Go, have made the addicting game fun to play indoors to help us out during isolation.
- Game sales have shot through the roof since the start of the pandemic. What better time than now to check out a game you normally wouldn’t play?
- Nintendo Switch accounts for 52% of all console sales — and let’s be honest, that console definitely is the best when it comes to fun, family-friendly gaming. It would also explain the Switch shortage too!
- People are using Animal Crossing: New Horizons for birthdays, weddings and dates while stuck inside. Now how’s that for some heart-warming news?
And if all that didn’t help you crack a smile, check out our Spotify playlist for some uplifting, banging tunes to shake your ass too!
Oh, and if you want to make the most of all those hours you’re putting into gaming, why not raise the stakes and challenge a mate on Stakester? A pretty nifty way to keep in contact with everyone too! You can download the app on both iOS and Android right now.
In the meantime, stay home, stay safe and be kind.